Strategic Leader – Child Protection, Children in Need and Safeguarding
Responsible to Assistant Director of Children’s Social Care
Day rate negotiable DOE
KEY LIAISON WITH
- Other Strategic Leaders and senior managers in Adults and Children’s services and Public Health
- Senior Corporate Officers in the Council
- Regional Colleagues
- Trade Unions
- Senior Management Teams within the Council and Health Partners – especially Thurrock CCG
- Voluntary and Community Sector partners
- To provide strategic leadership to Children’s Social Care and deputise for the Assistant Director of Children’s Social Care.
- To lead the service for CIN, Child Protection and Safeguarding.
- To ensure children are safeguarded, there are good plans in place for children and outcomes for children are excellent.
- To lead and manage significant budgets across the service.
- To work closely with the senior leadership team and Assistant Director within Children’s Services to support the transformation agenda.
- To play a full, pro-active and innovative part in the management and development of the Directorate.
- Represent the Directorate at all relevant health and partner strategic meetings.
- To promote the Council in regional and national forums.
- To provide programme management of significant aspects of the transformation of Children’s Services and contribute to the development of a ‘whole system approach’ working in close partnership with other departments and agencies.
For more information on this role or to discuss roles like this please contact Charlotte Newton on 02036513181