£30,451 – £33,782 (pro rata for part time)
whilst working as a Social Worker within Children and Young Peoples Services you will receive a retention payment of up to £4000 plus an extra 3 days annual leave.
We have positions available across the county in both our assessment, CIN & CP teams, and our specialist Child In Care teams.
Here in Suffolk, our social worker team in Children and Young People’s Service is ‘Outstanding’.
If you are looking to grow professionally and further your career in social work, we can offer supportive and pioneering practice where you can make a real difference while enjoying the benefits of living in Suffolk.
Our workforce has remained stable for the past 3 years, however, we are always looking for practitioners wanting to come and practice confidently as part of our team making a difference for families and children.
We are proud to have created an environment where social workers can achieve the outcomes they came into the profession to do.
Here in Suffolk we
- are one of the leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children’s services are rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted – 'Services for children are of an exceptionally high standard. They are child-focused and make a positive difference to children's lives.' (Ofsted, 2019)
- have a well embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help. ‘Signs of Safety‘ enables us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with all the families, colleagues and organisations we are working with
- support flexible working including job share, part time and mobile working
- support career pathways for social workers wishing to progress and develop in front line practice as well as specific interests
- will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children
- limit case-loads to 15 for Newly Qualified Social Workers in their first 6 months, rising to 20 beyond 6 months and 25 for all other Social Workers and Experienced Social Workers.
A relevant social work qualification and Social Work England registration is essential.
All new social workers moving to Suffolk have access to a relocation package of up to £8,000 and a car leasing scheme. We offer an excellent annual leave package of up to 36 days (including bank holidays), subject to length of service.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.